I have never written personal post here. This is one. I believe strongly in prayer, and I know that God answers prayers. I am always excited by how Apostle Paul, in his letters, would ask people to pray for him.
Below are some of the reasons I need your Prayers:
- I’m weak. I am changing environments and getting older, but temptations never go away. The enemy always lurks, and I’m not nearly as strong as I think I am.
- I want to fulfill my calling. God has clearly called me to preach His Word. I want to fulfill it. I want to preach the Word and do it well and faithfully.
- I am always struggling with maintaining sexual purity. In a society where pre-marital sex is esteemed and glorified, it’s a real struggle to be different. I want to maintain chastity and remain sexually pure. Please pray for me!
- I fear taking risks. As I grow up, it is becoming harder and harder for me to take risks. I want to involve God even in tinniest move am making in my life.
- I want to maintain Godly relationship in dating. I do not want to mess in my dating or even in courtship. I have seen others do, I don’t want to add up the statistics. I need your prayers on this.
- I have a tendency to operate in my own power. I live this tendency even while I speak against it. I lose this battle far too often. I want forever to operate and surrender in God.
- I’m impatient. In most cases, I want things done and tasks accomplished first. I am ever in hurry, even with God, forgetting He works according to His timetable not mine.
- I am struggling with remaining faithful with money. A great struggle here, I don’t want to love money more than God. Judas loved money, am sure you know what he did. Pray for me please.
- I sometimes think myself highly than I ought to. I am really struggling with this. I want to always remember that others are better than me. I don’t want to think myself highly, but always as a forgiven sinner.
- I want to finish well. I trust the Lord has many more years of ministry for me. At the same time, I know that finishing well begins with today. So, I need your prayers.
Would you pray for me today? Invite others to read this post so they might join you? Maybe you need to be vulnerable with others today, too, and invite them to intercede for you. If so, send your friends and church a similar list. Use the comments section below to tell me how I might pray for you.
Kenneth Irungu iServe Africa Apprentice Serving God at DOVE Christian Fellowship, Nairobi.